Thursday, June 4, 2009

one and a half years

*WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE SUBJECTED TO A GREAT NUMBER OF PICTURES OF AN ADORABLE LITTLE GIRL.









Okay, with that out of the way, I know I've said this before, but time continues to just fly before me! My sweet angel is now 18 months old, and it seems like yesterday I found out we were pregnant! When I found out we were having a little girl, I wasn't totally sure what to expect after being used to two very active little boys who were constantly into mischief and had no fear. Now I have a little girl, and she's constantly into mischief and has no fear. Seriously! I don't know why I would've expected anything different since she's constantly looking up to her two brothers. Everytime I turn around she is standing on the kitchen table, or the dining room table, or the picnic table. She loves to turn on the bathtub faucets (when it's not bathtime), and she's taken a nose dive into the bathtub before I even had her clothes off. Several times I've found her sitting in the bathroom sink with the water on. She always finds her way to the pantry and loves to pull things off the shelves. At the park, she climbs up to the highest point and has no fear about shooting down the slides. She loves spicy food and eats salsa off her chips over and over. She is a tough cookie--she'll bust it pretty hard and I'm always shocked to see her just get up and keep going without shedding a tear. She chases the boys as fast as she can with a huge smile on her face. She absolutely loves to be outside and wants to go out all the time!

As many things as there are that remind me of the boys, there are plenty of ways she's been different. She is very affectionate--she often walks up to one of us and just gives us a hug or kiss out of the blue. When the boys are watching a movie on the couch she loves to climb up and sit in their lap--they are so sweet to just crane their neck to see around her. She loves baby dolls and walks around the house carrying them--that's totally new for me and I love it. She loves shoes and usually has a strong opinion about which ones she wants to wear--even if they don't match at all!
Every day with her has been a joy. She has such a sweet, happy spirit and loves to laugh and smile. She's my perfect, lovely, little blessing from my very gracious Father!

enjoying chocolate chip pancakes!
sitting in anderson's lap...
stretching to explore the pantry...
happy, happy girl!
have some cheetos, pooh!
she still sits like this!
she LOVES to be tickled!



5 comments:

Amanda said...

She is so adorable. Don't you love all the fun summer girls clothes for her age?? All those bubbles and crossback/apron tops...so cute!

jess said...

phew! i'm really glad you posted that disclaimer. not sure i would've been prepared for the cuteness! she is too. darn. cute.
great post and it reminds me i need to do this for M--since my blog is about all the scrapbook the poor child has.

Allison said...

You just go ahead and post that matching outfit- proclaim to the world that you are NOT afraid!!! Love the purple float dress picture and the one of her in the stroller. She couldn't possibly look any more like you!!

Langleys Mom said...

Awww...what a sweet post of big girl Collier!! She is really growing up! Langley can't wait for a girls weekend. :)

Mary Michael Conkin said...

Collier is so stinking cute! She looks just like her mommy..:) Love all her adorable outfits!