Tuesday, May 4, 2010

If you dare....

For the past two years we have been extremely blessed to sit under the most incredible, biblical teaching I've ever heard.  Michael and I both feel that God has used our pastor, David Platt's teaching from His word to make more of an impact on our spiritual growth than anything else in our lives.  Really, he just preaches the Word--straight up--and makes no excuses for it.  The crazy and unexpected thing?  He's only 31 years old.  And when you first listen to him you notice a little bit of a speech issue (not sure if it's a lisp or what...I don't even notice it now).  Of course the Lord would choose to use someone you wouldn't expect to make such a HUGE impact for His kingdom!  The reason I'm rambling is that David just wrote a book that is in stores today--the title is Radical.  If you read one book this year--think about choosing this one.  We picked up a few copies at church this past Sunday to give to people, and that night I decided to flip through it.  I couldn't put it down.
Here's a super short video about the book...WARNING:  he doesn't fool around (scroll to the bottom of the pg to pause my blog music)...


Radical by David Platt from Taylor Robinson on Vimeo.

The proceeds from the book go to help people in great spiritual and physical need, so you can feel great about ordering it :)  If you want to read more about the book, click here.  You can order it on amazon and other places.  And if you read it, let me know what you think!!

No comments: