Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Griffin!!!

Griffin just had his sixth birthday! My baby is growing up way too fast--does anyone know how you stop this?? He started out his special day with some of his favorite breakfast--eggs with cheese, bacon, cheese grits, and canteloupe. I got to visit his school that day and bring donuts to the class!
He's really enjoying his friends in his class--there are some crazy boys in there!
When I picked him up from school that day, Nana and I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for lunch to celebrate! Personally, I was dreading it when that was his pick, but we had a great time (that place is much more doable at lunch time :)
I didn't grow up with any siblings, but I now realize that a birthday for your brother or sister is in many ways like a birthday for you!


Daddy stopped by too! The boys enjoyed a fierce game of air hockey! That evening Nana and Poppy joined us for dinner at Chick Fil A. I have always loved birthdays--when I was younger I always wanted to celebrate my birthday month, birthday week, etc. Now I love making birthdays special for my family! I think Griffin really enjoyed his special day--we all did!! More on his birthday party in the next post...

No comments: