Friday, September 25, 2009

Griffin's Par-tay!

Some very sweet friends of ours let us borrow their super cool waterslides, so we had a wet and wild birthday party for our big six year old! He LOVES these slides, so he was thrilled about his party and had a blast!! The calm before the storm...these poor slides didn't know what was about to hit them!
Griffin lunging off the top of the slide (yes, it does make me nervous)...
A water balloon fight... Griffin and Elise chillin' in the pool!
Anderson and his friend, Jacob, busting a move to the pirate music--this was so adorable I just wish I had a video (sorry for the blurry pic)!
Some of the girls took a long break from the slides to perform some acrobatics...
Griffin and his friend, Julia, from school!

Ms. Jenny and Aunt Nanette filled up the water balloons for us :)

Blowing out the candles (right after this he took a bite out of the side of the cake)!
Waiting for his piece of cake!
Anderson had a great time at the party too!
A rare pic of Michael and I w/out the kiddos!
Nana and Poppy!
Granny and Papa Dave!
Griffin is so into pirates that we went with a "pirate" theme to go along with the waterslides...pirates sail on water, right? I think the party ended up being everything Griffin wanted it to be, and we were so thankful God gave us such perfect weather. Griffin had a great time with his friends and I think it was a really special day for him!

2 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE, LOVE the dancing picture of Jacob and Anderson. I love how A has his foot kicked up! It was a great party!!

Amanda said...

What an awesome party! I love seeing photos of your boys - the age difference is the same as my two but yours are 2 years older so it gives me a glimpse into the future! I also love taking your creative ideas and storing them away for the future!
And I love your t-shirt! Where did you get that?