Thursday, August 14, 2008

New beginnings!

It's been a very eventful week for my firstborn! On Monday he got to "Meet the Teacher" for K4, and Wednesday was his first day! I can't believe he's going to be at school 5 days a week now, but thankfully he gets out at 11:45. He has a great teacher and he already knew a couple kids from his class, so this week has been a lot of fun! He doesn't always share many details at first, but over the course of the day these were the highlights he talked about:
  • Playing "Good Morning Captain"

  • Going to the playground

  • Learning a new verse, "Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Gen. 26:24

  • Playing a game with a dogbone..."Doggy, Doggy, whose got your bone? Somebody stole it from your home."--it's been in my mind all day!

  • Playing with the pirate ships in the room

Here are a few pictures of the fun!

Riding in Daddy's truck on the first day!



Playing with those beloved pirate ships!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe he's starting school! Is it just me, or are we all getting old? :)

Anonymous said...

So bittersweet! What a great chapter in his little life! :)

Kristi T