Friday, July 24, 2009

DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

We just got back from the "Happiest Place on Earth," and had such a WONDERFUL time!! For those who don't know, Michael works to qualify for a trip each year with State Farm, and this year we chose the alternate to Disney. I've been looking forward to this trip and planning/researching for a year now, and to be totally honest I'm so sad it's over now :( Nana and Poppy were so sweet to keep Collier for us so we could just take the boys--I was continually reminded of how grateful I was for them everytime I saw those poor, sweet parents trying to care for a hot and tired little one around those crazy parks!! I've been coming up with some tips for any of you planning a trip to that magical place, and I'm going to post those after I of course inundate you with my usual enormous amount of pictures :) So, here we go!

We were blessed to be able to fly to Orlando (thank you St. Farm), which the boys absolutely loved! I had a little backpack for each of them with some Mickey coloring books and things, but they didn't even open them during our flight because they were so excited! They were decked out in Mickey shirts and light-up Mickey flip flops with Mickey cups hanging around their necks--I'm sure no one could tell where we were going!




This big Mickey is there to greet you in the Orlando Airport!


Disney's Magical Express is so awesome--you just get off your airplane and get on a bus to your hotel--they get your bags and bring them to your room--super helpful with all the stuff we brought! We stayed at the Yacht Club (thank you St. Farm), and it was great! We loved everything about it (esp. the pool). We arrived pretty early in the day, so we were able to just explore the hotel, take naps, and swim a little while. State Farm had an arrival reception with the characters, so we were able to go ahead and meet many of them and have our pictures taken...


First up was Minnie and Mickey!


Anderson showing Mickey his light-up Mickey flip flops...


Then Goofy and Pluto--they really put on a show!

Then Donald...
We loved the Mickey ice cream!
That evening we went to Downtown Disney--that way we didn't use a day of our Park Hopper passes, but we still got to enjoy Disney! We went to T-Rex for dinner...if you have boys, this is a MUST! It is just unbelievable! The boys were in awe of it, but so were Michael and I! They have huge dinosaurs throughout the restaurant, and every 5-10 minutes they "come to life" and roar and move. I think it could be a little scary at first, but so cool--and our food was really good too! Here's some pictures of the boys in front of some of the dinosaurs (Griffin was a little more into getting his picture made with them than Anderson (I know you couldn't tell by all his thumbs up :)


Okay, so that was the end of our first day...so much fun and we hadn't even been to a park yet! I'll stop here for now...next post will be Animal Kingdom!!! I'm ready to go back!

1 comment:

Allison said...

too bad Griffin was so miserable in all these pictures!!! His little thumbs up is so cute! Still lovin our Mickey t-shirt!!